Monday 3 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Will Make You Cry



So this week's topic for Top Ten Tuesday by the Broke and the Bookish is: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry. This topic is a difficult one for me this week as I don't really read books that make me cry, and in fact, I am not really someone who cries very much. I didn't make ten for this one no matter how much I tried to think of books that made me cry and I happen to feature FOUR Harry Potter books...J.K. Rowling just gets me!

All the pictures have clickable links which will take you to their Goodreads page in case you have not read them yet. I have tried not to spoil any books (except Harry Potter because seriously has anyone not read them? If you have not read HP do not continue as you will be spoiled).



So without further ado, here are the top seven books that had me bawling my eyes out like a baby:


The Book Thief

I don't want to give anything away but I will say that the end of this book had me absolutely hysterically crying; it wasn't pretty. This book is one of my all time favourites, in fact, if a book makes me cry over the characters, then that just shows how emotionally invested I am in the story.



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Do I even need to explain this one? (Do not continue reading this if you don't want to be spoiled). I think Fred dying was the worst for me, FRED!A TWIN??How could J.K. Rowling do that? Oh and how about Tonks and Lupin? New parents! Oh gosh this book was amazing but totally awful. I really appreciate when an author can kill off popular characters. Let's face it, there were bound to be some casualties and it is far more realistic when some of the main characters have to be sacrificed. I nearly forgot Dobby, how!?...up there with Fred dying, possibly worse.


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Ok, so Cedric Diggory wasn't a main character and I really didn't even like him all that much but for some reason I cried! Now, I only shed a tear, it wasn't the same as the last two books but just shows how much I love Harry Potter that such a minor character dying would upset me.


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Dumbledore dies....Do I need to say more? Ugh, again, another Harry Potter book that had me bawling. Now that I think about it, J.K. Rowling killed a lot of my favourite characters...



Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix


Oh, look, it's another Harry Potter book. This was the first death in Harry Potter that really had me bawling. I absolutely loved Sirius Black. OK, so he had his flaws, but it was the opportunity of a new life/family for Harry and then, boom, DEAD! I blame Harry for it too, all his fault.


A Child Called "It"

This happens to be the only book on this list that I cried over not because of a death. This book is a true life story of Dave Pelzer whose Mother physically abused him for several years. What made it even more sad was the fact that the three other children and the father were treated normally, while Dave was beaten in so many horrific and imaginative ways. This book was truly horrifying, and while I am glad I read it, it still makes me feel so angry and upset just thinking about it, even though I read this about ten years ago. This book is not for the faint hearted.


Mockingjay

This is another book that had me crying (not too much) over certain characters deaths which I will not name. My favourite male character of the series dies...that was depressing. Then another, slightly major character dies too...which was totally unexpected and incredibly sad. I didn't have as many feels for the characters in this book as the others but I am pretty sure I shed a tear so I had to add it to my list.






If you participated in this weeks Top Ten Tuesday leave a link in the comments. Or, if you have not participated leave your list below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio