Tuesday 3 February 2015

Novella Review: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass 0.1) by Sarah J. Maas

    Title: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord
    Author: Sarah J. Maas
    Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
    Published: January 12th 2013
    Pages: 70
    Rating: 1 Star


Goodreads Synopsis:


A Throne of Glass novella. 

On a remote island in a tropical sea, Celaena Sardothien, feared assassin, has come for retribution. She’s been sent by the Assassin’s Guild to collect on a debt they are owed by the Lord of the Pirates. But when Celaena learns that the agreed payment is not in money, but in slaves, her mission suddenly changes—and she will risk everything to right the wrong she’s been sent to bring about.



REVIEW

I was just so bored by this. Caelena has to be the least likable character I have ever read. She is arrogant, self-righteous and instead of being a bad-ass character I found her to be more of a pain-in-the-ass! The only thing I took from this story is that Caelena thinks she is the most beautiful and skilled girl on the earth.







The plot was predictable, and far too easily and unrealistically solved. I really hated the Throne of Glass and Crown Of Midnight but for some reason I thought I might like Caelena when she was an assassin that ACTUALLY killed people. Turns out I really didn't...You might like this one if you liked the other books in the series but I honestly found this one so boring, which really wasn't my problem with ToG and CoM.


I could not continue on with the rest of the short stories in the Blade of Assassins book but at least I can say I really gave this series a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio