Sunday 28 December 2014

5th Annual End of Year Book Survey – 2014 Edition!


Jamie over at the Perpetual Page Turner, posted her 5th annual End of the Year Book Survey at the beginning of December. To link up with this just and share your End of the Year Survey just click here.

Number Of Books You Read: 46

Number of Re-Reads: 2

Genre You Read The Most From: YA/Fantasy



1. Best Books You Read in 2014:




Ok, I am weak. I could not chose just one, but narrowing it down to two was pretty good, no?

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t:


I thought I was going to love this one, I really did. I absolutely love Fantasy and this has an incredibly high rating on Goodreads. My mistake was probably thinking it was going to be like Sanderson's Fantasy and it just could not compare. I was really disappointed and struggled to finish this one. I will not be continuing this series. 


3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014:



I went into this book, really not expected much from it. I am not too fond of books about Angels but this one blew me away and I ended up giving it 4.5 stars on Goodreads.

  4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014:



Sadly, not a lot of people I know are into reading, particularly not the kind of books that I read, the exception being my youngest sister. I recommended this book to her ages ago as I absolutely loved it and she has just started reading it recently.

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014:




Best series is a tie between the 5th Wave and Darkest Minds but I chose Darkest Minds here because I have read the entire series. My favourite sequel had to be Scarlet, I love the Cinder series and really enjoyed this book. Finally my favourite Series Ender had to be The Retribution of Mara Dyer as I normally don't like the final book in a series but absolutely loved this one.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014:  



I absolutely ADORE this man's writing style and can't wait to pick up more books by him.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone:



 I really do not like contemporary books or basically any book that does not have some fantastical element to it or epic battles. This book, however, completely blew me away and had me in hysterics. I was surprised by the book and how much I actually enjoyed it.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year:



 Again, I am going to have to give this one to the Darkest Minds. I remember reading this at the start of the year and LITERALLY not being able to put it down. The 5th Wave comes a close second.

 9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:



I hope to read the second book in this series and it has been a long time since I read this one so, just so I am not totally lost in the second book I will probably reread this first.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014:



Even though I HATED this book so much (hated because I expected so much from it and was really disappointed) I cannot deny that this is one of the most beautiful book covers I have ever seen!

11. Most memorable character of 2014:



This could be due to the fact that I read this book very recently but my most memorable character was Cole. I LOVED him...

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014:



For me this has to be The Infinite Sea. Rick Yancey's writing is phenomenal.

 13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014:


I don't really have a book for this question!!

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read:



Probably stolen just because I had it at home for sooo long, I am talking years and never thought to pick it up.

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014:


“It isn’t that the lies are too beautiful to resist. It’s that the truth is too hideous to face.” 
― Rick YanceyThe Infinite Sea

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013:

Longest: 638 pages



Shortest: 86 pages



17. Book That Shocked You The Most:



I seem to be one of the only people to be shocked by the twist in this book but nonetheless I did not see it coming.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!): 



I am really not a romance kind of gal but if I HAD to choose it would be Alex and Lena...

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year:



Cole and Ruby...I love Cole...LOVE HIM...

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:



HP forever and always.

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:



Hated this book but heard all the hype so decided to pick it up...not a book I would recommend to anyone else.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014:
 

I think you know this answer by now....no?...Seriously?....It's Cole from In the Afterlight and Never Fade

23. Best 2014 debut you read:


I didn't read any :O

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year:



I really enjoyed the world building in this series. It was very different to other books I have read and very interesting.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read:


I don't really read fun books but a series that always brings a smile to my face is the Harry Potter series and I read books one and two this year.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014:


We Were Liars....I was hysterical....

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year:


All the books I have loved so far this year have a cult following so I don't have a book for this question.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul:



Can't say why but if you have read the book and read any of my previous answers relating to this book you will understand.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014:


This one is going to have to be Cinder as I have never read a cyborg book before.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it):



All Julian and no Alex makes for a very angry Edel (me).


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015:


    

I adored the first book in this series but have not yet picked up the second one. I must finish this series ASAP!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut):   


The third and final book in the 5th Wave Series by Rick Yancey...I must have it now!!

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating: 

Not going to lie, the cover got me on this one. But look how pretty it is...



  4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015:

See number 2.

 5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015:


Post a blog at least once a week if my work load at Uni is not too much


Phew! That was a long one. I left out the section on blogging as I feel like I have not been blogging long enough or consistently enough to answer those questions just yet. 

If you have partaken in this survey do leave a link in the comments as I would love to check out other surveys. If not what were your favourite reads of 2014...because my TBR list can never be too long :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio