Saturday 31 January 2015

Stacking the Shelves #6 and The Sunday Post #3



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. To find out more just follow the link: Sunday Post Meme 



NEWS

This week was the week that I finally took the plunge and bought myself an iPad.



I was really unsure for awhile whether I wanted to buy a Kindle or go the whole hog and get myself an iPad. I also wasn't sure if I would like reading ebooks and that was my main motivation behind possibly purchasing the iPad. In the end I decided to go for it and got myself the iPad Air and I am now completely obsessed with it and even love reading on it. It will be perfect for my next piece of news...

I AM GOING BACK TO SCOTLAND!!!

This time, however, I will be travelling the Highlands and it will be a solo journey. I just booked my flights from Dublin to Iverness today and made sure that I would be there during the Highland Games. I won't be going until after I finished my second work placement in July but I am sooo excited. Look how beautiful Scotland is -


That is pretty much all my personal news for the week, now onto the book related news.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG


THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG


  • Novella Review: The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
  • Top Ten Tuesday
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Book Review: The Furies of Calderon
  • Feature and Follow Friday
  • Sunday Post + Stacking the Shelves


WHAT I READ THIS WEEK

I read a few books this week, 3 in total and also one graphic novel. If you want to see a quick overview of what I thought of these books through GIFs just follow the link: here.

  • Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
  • Saga Volume Three by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Under my Skin by Shawntelle Madison
  • Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

CURRENTLY READING

Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Goodreads Synopsis:
A princess must find her place in a reborn world.
She flees on her wedding day.
She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.
She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.
She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.

The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance.

Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.

Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Goodreads Synopsis
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.


Stacking The Shelves is a meme created by Tynga's Reviews. It is "all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks". If you would like to find out more about this meme click here. 

Well, you saw that I just bought myself an iPad so of course I immediately downloaded the Kindle reading app and then proceeded to buy a few kindle books: in total 9 full books and one sample. Oops.


Physical Books:

I bought the Bane Chronicles for my sister for her birthday and I had just finished the Sea of Monsters and had a 2-hour wait at the train station along with a 1 and a half hour train journey so I bought myself the next book in the series.




If you are interested in any of the books above just click on the picture and you will be brought to their Goodreads page.

If you have a joined in on either of these two memes this week, leave a comment below and I will be sure to check out your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio