Friday 23 January 2015

Weekly Reading Recap in a (GIF)fy #2


I was inspired to create this feature by the wonderful ladies over at The Starry-Eyed Revue where they have a feature that consists of GIF only reviews. They have this feature for certain books such as, ones that they intend to write full reviews of later or just ones that are hard to put into words. You have to go check out their GIF only reviews, they are hilarious and just so entertaining.




I thought this was such a fantastic idea but I wanted to do it in a slightly different format. At the end of every week, on a Saturday, I will be posting a weekly review of the books I have read. The catch is that I will only be able to use one GIF per book to describe all the FEELS and no words...yes this will be difficult but I also think it will be a lot of fun and a great weekly wrap up. If you would like to join me in this just leave a link below in the comments and I will be sure to check it out.

So, lets get this started.

Tuesday 20th January:


   
Title: Ruby Red
Author: Kerstin Gier    


Goodreads Synopsis:

Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! 


Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.

I will have a full review on this book coming in the next couple of days, but I think this GIF sums up my feelings quite nicely:


This is GIF perfection


Wednesday 21st January:

Title: Saga Volume Two
Author: Brian K. Vaughan    


Goodreads Synopsis:

From award-winning writer BRIAN K. VAUGHAN (Pride of Baghdad, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist FIONA STAPLES (Mystery Society, Done to Death), SAGA is sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Thanks to her star-crossed parents Marko and Alana, newborn baby Hazel has already survived lethal assassins, rampaging armies, and horrific monsters, but in the cold vastness of outer space, the little girl encounters her strangest adventure yet... grandparents.



I will let the Weasley twins take over from here:






Currently Reading: 


   
Title: Mistborn Series Book Two: The Well of Ascension
Author: Brandon Sanderson    


Goodreads Synopsis:

Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! 


Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.



I had two very differing opinions on this book and as it is easily the length of two books I am allowing myself to break my opinion into two, one for the first quarter of the book and one for the nesxt two quarters (I am currently on page 600).

For the first at least 200 pages I was like:





But now I'm like...




I don't know yet how I will feel about this one but I am sure you will find out in next weeks Reading Recap in GIFfy.

Hope you liked this way of recapping my reading week. Sometimes it is so much easier to understand a person's opinion on a book with just GIFs - no need to read through all my ramblings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio